Job Opportunity - Production & Logistics Manager
PRODUCTION & LOGISTICS MANAGER / EVENT PRODUCERLocation: London, SE1
Holiday: 20 days pro rata, increasing to 25 days with service + bank holidays and lieu days
Limelight Sports has an exciting opportunity for an in-house live event Production & Logistics Manager to join its highly experienced Campaigns team. The role is responsible for the creative planning, building and management of every aspect of Limelight’s live events from large scale events in green field sites to bespoke experiences.
Reporting to the Events Director you will establish campaign requirements in relation to the live event build and identify appropriate solutions, providing advice and technical input.
You will ensure that Production & Logistics (P&L) solutions are always delivered in an innovative and premium way whilst maintaining profitability of your areas of the campaign. You will continue to meet and exceed client expectations across all campaigns ensuring consistency and quality. You will work closely with the Project Management teams and Client Services as well as those in the Campaigns team to manage the day to day running of your areas closely adhere to Limelight’s project management methodology - PATH.
As the Productions and Logistics Manager your primary responsibilities are:
- Day to day management of the P&L elements of assigned live events to ensure you are meeting / exceeding client expectation and objectives as agreed with the Client Service team
- Experience of creating and delivering a large scale event in a green field site, including but not limited to: management of the event space layout/setup, functional infrastructure, PA/Sound/AV, temporary structures, crowd and traffic management
- Experience of creating bespoke high end experiences in unique indoor venues, managing suppliers and technical agencies to deliver exceptional sound, lighting and visual experience
- Contribute to key project documentation including, but not limited to, project delivery plans, critical path documents and post event evaluations
- Manage the compilation of detailed and fully comprehensive event run sheets such as production schedules as part of the live delivery of events
- Management of site plans and other operations documents and schedules
- Liaison with, and management of, suppliers for your areas of responsibility
- Liaise closely with the appointed independent health and safety consultants to ensure that all supplier documentation is correct, collated and in place and that events are delivered safely at all times
- Overseeing testing and readiness for live project scenarios with P&L areas
- Ensure companywide adherence to quality assurance standards to demonstrate market leading ability
- Management of contractors and stakeholders during build, live event and de-rig phases
- Contribute to ideas and innovations in relation to P&L requirements
- Management and mitigation of day-to-day project risks in your area
- Central point for any P&L project issues/guidance / knowledge share across the business, educating the team in relation to P&L
- Ensure profitability of the P&L function across campaigns
- Negotiation of preferable rates with key suppliers to improve profit margins and maximize budgets
- Day to day management of Executives working across your function
- Provide timely and accurate quality reports to the Events Director
As the Production & Logistics Manager you:
- Are passionate about participation in sport, for yourself and others
- Have prior experience of competently managing event sites
- Have a passion for events and always looking for new innovations
- Are able to work autonomously
- Are highly organised
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are solutions oriented and a natural problem solver
- Are calm under pressure and approachable at all times
- Are great at engaging teams and enthusing others to delivery to the highest possible standard
- Thrive in a fast paced, agency environment
- Form successful working relationships with people at all levels
Life at Limelight
Limelight is a fast-paced agency and we pride ourselves on having a ‘One Team’ approach to the way we work, supporting our colleagues to achieve the end goal. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about the active world and our beliefs and passions are reflected in the additional benefits you will have access to:
- Monthly We All Move sessions – we like to celebrate the active world by trying out a new activity together on the first Wednesday of the month
- Lunch time running – this is a regular activity for a lot of people in the office and culminates in a handicap 5K at the end each month
- Flexible exercise time – we actively encourage the team to get active at a time that suits them during their working day. We believe that leaving your desk is healthy for the mind and the body.
- Thirsty Thursday drinks - on the last Thursday of each month we get together to have a few drinks so that we can catch up and socialise together
- Cycle to Work scheme – we offer employees the ability to purchase a bike through the cycle to work scheme and you will have access to bike racks in our building
- Free entry into our owned events - All permanent employees are entitled to two entries, each calendar year to either London Triathlon, Blenheim Triathlon, Etape Caledonia or London Duathlon.
If you like the sound of this role and want to apply, please send your CV and a cover email outlining why you are suitable for this role to Sue Courtney at email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 20th December 2019.