Job Opportunity - Marketing Executive
MARKETING EXECUTIVELocation: London, SE1
Holiday: 20 days, increasing to a maximum of 25 days + bank holidays and lieu days
About Limelight Sports:
Limelight Sports has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join its Campaigns team. The role would suit an individual who has at least one year’s career experience and has a basic knowledge of campaign marketing. This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for sport and is looking to develop their career in a fast paced, exciting agency. The Marketing Executive is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of marketing campaigns for a variety of exciting clients and important internal projects.
Who We Are
Limelight Sports is a sports marketing agency specialising in participation. We work with clients such as Nike, Tesco, The FA, Royal Bank of Canada and J.P.Morgan to engage their audiences through active experiences and campaigns that people cannot stop talking about. We have created and delivered some of the most successful live experiences including Royal Parks Half Marathon, the FA People’s Cup, Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile, Sky Ride, J.P.Morgan Corporate Challenge (in London and in Sydney), and Swimathon - the world’s largest annual fundraising swimming challenge. With over 25 years’ experience, a passion for sport and helping more people become active and enjoy sport, Limelight Sports is the agency of the Active World.
As the Marketing Executive you will report into a Marketing Manager / Junior Marketing Manager and work alongside other members of the Campaigns Team across all elements and touchpoints of our clients’ campaigns and Limelight owned properties. On a day-to-day basis you work collaboratively with the other internal teams including Live Events, Technology, Project Management and Client Services to deliver high quality campaigns for our clients.
You will work across multiple campaigns and act as a key member of the Marketing team on at least one major campaign, whilst supporting on a number of others); coordinating all marketing and communications activity, ensuring that the tactics you are implementing deliver to our clients’ expectations and objectives.
You ensure that we provide a service that is innovative, profitable and of industry leading quality. You are always looking to deliver value for our clients and to help grow our business.
The role is varied and fast paced and a great platform to learn new skills as you grow and develop within your marketing career. You will be responsible for:
Marketing & Communications
- Working with Managers within the Marketing Team to create strategies for the successful delivery of each client campaign.
- Ensuring campaigns are data and insight-led, from the initial concept through to the strategy and delivery; all the way through to post-campaign evaluation
- Being innovative and creative in campaign planning and execution by challenging the norms and using insight and analysis to attract and engage new audiences
- Using appropriate marketing tools and tactics to:
- Create engaging content including video, imagery, articles, and blogs, as required for campaigns whilst adhering to correct brand presentation and tone of voice
- Lead on the development, and timely delivery of email campaigns.
- Review efficiency and effectiveness of email / social campaigns, and website content and develop accordingly.
- Analyse results across campaigns and optimize toward successes
- Use & develop content for various social media platforms (mainly Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) to engage with communities and audiences.
- Deploy new tactics to help us achieve against our participation goals in gender equality and growth of the youth / younger market
- Work closely with internal Project Managers to ensure the smooth delivery of the marketing and communications element of all projects.
- Managing all suppliers involved in campaign delivery, specifically agencies and freelancers delivering in their area of expertise, ensuring seamless experience for clients.
- Where required, liaise with key partners and stakeholders to negotiate and secure marketing support across all campaigns
- Tracking the performance of all campaigns and marketing activity to communicate internally and to clients.
- For campaigns with a live event element, you will co-ordinate all event day / weekend marketing activity. This includes co-ordinating on the day photography and videography teams, planning and executing social media and email communication plans and producing on the day live content to increase event reach and engagement
ABOUT THE PERSON
As a Marketing Executive at Limelight Sports you:
- Are passionate about participation in sport, for yourself and others
- Deliver results; you consistently do what you say you’re going to do
- Are innovative and creative
- Have excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail – both verbal and written
- Enjoy working within a team in a collaborative environment to achieve an end goal
- Manage your time well and are a good multi-tasker
- Have great interpersonal skills and are approachable at all times
- Are flexible
- Are tech-savvy
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Are organised and cope well under pressure
- Have a keen sense of humour
- Have a can-do attitude
- Constantly bring creative ideas and vibrancy to your role and share your enthusiasm with your team
LIFE AT LIMELIGHT
Limelight is a fast-paced agency and we pride ourselves on having a ‘One Team’ approach to the way we work, supporting our colleagues to achieve the end goal. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about the active world and our beliefs and passions are reflected in the additional benefits you will have access to:
- Monthly We All Move sessions – we like to celebrate the active world by trying out a new activity together on the first Wednesday of the month, this can be anything from tag rugby, netball, softball or ultimate frisbee.
- Lunch time running – this is a regular activity for a lot of people in the office and culminates in a handicap 5K at the end each month.
- Flexible exercise time – we actively encourage the team to get active at a time that suits them during their working day. We believe that leaving your desk is healthy for the mind and the body.
- Thirsty Thursday drinks - on the last Thursday of each month we get together to have a few drinks so that we can catch up and socialise together.
- Cycle to Work scheme – we offer employees the ability to purchase a bike through the cycle to work scheme and you can have access to bike racks in our building.
- Most Valuable Limelighter Award – every quarter all team members nominate their colleagues who they believe have lived our values and been the Most Valuable Limelighter. A great way to give your colleagues some recognition.
- Free entry into our owned events - All permanent employees are entitled to a maximum of two entries, each calendar year. This includes entry to London Triathlon, Blenheim Triathlon, Etape Caledonia or London Duathlon.
If you like the sound of this role and want to apply, please contact Sue Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should send their CV and a cover email outlining why they are suitable for this role. Closing date for applications is 8th December 2019.