Create a truly global, unique and personalised journey with amazing running experiences, exploring the natural wonders of South East Asia, to coincide with the launch of the Lunar Glide 6.
- Nike challenged their Nike Run Club community to pledge their Nike+ runs for an experience of a lifetime
- Runners answered, logging over 73,000 combined kilometers. The top of the leaderboard were rewarded, geared up and flew to Indonesia
- #RunJavaIsland was created for runners to experience running as it should be. Without distractions.
- The Island of Java, was scouted and selected to host experiences that “only-Nike-could-do” such as:
- Shake-out run at GBK stadium, Jakarta
- Nike Training Club workout, mid-flight on a plane from Jakarta to Jogjakarta with Global Master Trainer, Marie Purvis
- Sunrise run to Borobudur, the 9th-century Mahayana Buddhist Temple and one of the greatest Buddhist monuments in the world
- Run and yoga at Prambanan, a 9th-century Hindu temple and UNESCO World Heritage site in Jogja – not only the largest Hindu temple site in Indonesia, but one of the biggest in Southeast Asia
- 21 participants from around 10 countries, within Nike’s Emerging Markets were flown to start in Jakarta and then taken by the “Run Java Island” chartered plane to Yogyakarta.
- Language barriers aside, runners were united by the universal language of running.
- Joined by members of the Nike Global running team and Global Nike Master Trainer Marie Purvis, runners participated in sunrise runs, running through sacred temples and remote villages – as well as a run towards Indonesia’s most active volcano, Mt. Merapi!
- For the runners it was a money-can’t-buy, once in a lifetime experience that many claimed to be “life-changing”.
- For Nike, they created loyal brand ambassadors, user generated content attracting thousands of likes and specially curated social media content to ensure the stories of Nike Run Java Island continue beyond the days there.
- To this day, the team and runners still connect on Facebook and catch up at races and Nike Run Clubs all around the world.